The date stone marking the 19th century restoration in the porch is one of several scattered around the exterior of the nave.
The window in the north wall of the chancel retains some of its original masonry with one 14th century cinquefoil headed light.
The triple bell-cote with its unusual pagoda style roof and remaining two bells was only added in 1936.
Priest’s Door: The priest’s private entrance in the chancel may contain some of its original masonry. The arch reflects a late 15th century design.
The male heads on either side of the nineteenth century porch entrance are carved in the medieval style much favoured by the Victorians.
The curved indentation in the grass shows the line of a possible earlier enclosure.
The lichen covered monuments and highly decorated headstones reflect the skilled craftsmanship of 19th century masons working in the area.
Note: please see the Churchyards tab for a full description of all the graves.