St Mary Magdalene Church stands in the middle of Bleddfa village, surrounded by the Old School and Hall Barn which now comprise the Bleddfa Centre. There is also a mound, which was once a tower. It is also opposite the old Post Office and Hundred House Inn. There are images on the kneelers. See ‘Features Inside’ – ‘Needlework’ for images.
By the end of the 15th Century the western end of the nave, which had fallen with the tower, had risen again on its old foundations, and the porch and the magnificent timber roof (see ‘Features Inside – Roof’) had been added.
By 1711 Bleddfa’s fortunes were looking up. A bellcote was added, complete with two bells dated 1711 and inscribed with the maker’s name, Henry Williams.