A Coronation Tree celebrating the coronation of King George VI in 1937, was planted by the children of Heyope School. The horse chestnut with pink candles is located opposite the old school, now a private dwelling and business. The tree is across the street from the ‘school’ behind a hedge. It is diagonally opposite the southeast corner of the churchyard.
Click images to enlarge, then back arrow to return.
The dedication plaque shown above hangs in the church, and shows:
HEYOPE CORONATION TREE
Which commemorates the Coronation of
His Majesty King George VI
and his gracious Consort
On May 12th, 1937.
was planted on that day by
The Children of Heyope School
and others connected therewith, whose names are as follows:
(Signed: B Chastel de Boinville) RECTOR.
___(unsigned)_______ HEAD TEACHER
The planting was superintended by Messrs. George Lloyd, Llangwyn
and Harold Lloyd, Cleobury.