February 25. Lent 2. Holy Communion. 11am. Canon John Greaves.
March 4. Celtic Celebration of St David’s Day. Canon Melia Cope and Meinir Ronicle. Followed by Lunch (12.30 for 1pm) at Knucklas Community Centre.
March 25. Palm Sunday. Holy Communion. 11am. Canon Melia Cope.
April 1. Easter Day. Holy Communion. 11am. Canon Melia Cope
Canon Melia Cope
Tel: 01547 528566
Judy North 01547 529165
Laura Woodside-Jones 01547 520266
Judy North: 01547 529165
Ann Edwards: 01547 510631
St David’s Parish Church is located in the remote and beautiful Heyope Valley near the small market town of Knighton. It forms part of the ancient deanery of Maelienydd, in the diocese of Swansea and Brecon. It stands on raised ground; on the north side it overlooks the Ffrwdwen brook, a small stream which flows down to the river Teme. Between 1880 and 1882 the church was completely rebuilt to the design of the eminent Victorian ecclesiastical architect, J.L. Pearson, who designed pleasing church architectural features for this small country church. The even proportions and use of light create a serene atmosphere inside the church.
St David’s Heyope is located on the minor road off the B4355, Knighton to Newtown. Take the Knucklas turning and continuing under the viaduct towards Heyope. It is approximately 5 kilometres (3 miles) from Knighton. Grid Reference: (Map Explorer 201) SO 746239.