In 1877 a National School, Church maintained, was opened to provide an elementary education for the children of the neighbourhood.
After 106 years it closed in 1983. The building is now used as the Bleddfa Centre for the Arts.
In the late 1800s non-conformity was on the rise. A Methodist Church opened in 1862 and the Zion Baptist Chapel, which still exists, was established in 1898.